Limavady District Lodge works under the auspices of the County Londonderry Grand Orange Lodge, who in turn operates under the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland.
The County of Londonderry Grand Orange Lodge is comprised of 11 District Lodges:
No 1 District Castledawson (10 Lodges)
No 2 District Coleraine (14 Lodges)
No 3 District Magherafelt (10 Lodges)
No 4 District Garvagh (10 Lodges)
No 5 District Kilrea (6 Lodges)
No 6 District Limavady (15 Lodges)
No 7 District Ballyronan (6 Lodges)
No 8 District Macosquin (6 Lodges)
No 9 District Tamlaght O’Crilly (8 Lodges)
No 10 District Moneymore (7 Lodges)
No 11 District Tobermore (3 Lodges)
Limavady District Lodge is the largest District in the County Grand Lodge comprising of 15 Private Lodges. In addition to the 15 Private Lodges, there are 2 Junior Lodges meeting in the District area; Aghanloo True Blues JLOL 161 and Ballynarrig Young Defenders JLOL 211 and a Ladies Lodge; Limavady WLOL 175.
The District has also been strong in the band scene over the years and there are currently 11 bands in operation:
The Trench Memorial Flute Band – founded 1919 (LOL 255)
Boveva Flute Band – founded late 1890s (LOL 260)
Edenmore Flute Band – founded 1890 (LOL 644)
Ballyquin Sons of Ulster Flute Band – founded 1912 (LOL 645)
Ballnarrig Pride of Orange – founded 1908 (LOL 650)
Aghanloo Flute Band – founded 1945 (LOL 656)
Ardinariff Flute Band – founded 1891 (LOL 905)
Bellarena Accordian Band – founded 1947 (LOL 984)
Largy Flute Band – founded 1912 (LOL 988)
Star of the Roe Flute Band – founded 1976 (LOL 997)
Dungiven Crown Defenders Flute Band – founded 2007 (LOL 2036).
Elected Officers for 2013
Back Row – Bro Rev Brian Hassan Chaplain, Bro Victor Thompson 1st Lecturer, Bro Colin McDonald Committee, Bro Thomas Holmes Tyler, Bro Oliver Martin Committee, Bro Chris Cooper Committee.
Front Row – Bro Keith Thompson Treasurer, W. Bro James McCorkell DDM, W. Bro Mark Smyth WDM, Bro Jonathan Holmes Secretary, W. Bro David Carmichael Lay Chaplain.
Absent – Rt. W Bro Rev Alistair Smyth, Chaplain, W. Bro Ernest Clyde Foreman of Committee, Bro Alan McAleese Committee.
The arch sits at the end of Protestant street looking onto Catherine Street near the Orange Hall. It was erected in 1999 to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of Orangeism coming to Limavady.